The Public International Law & Policy Group (PILPG) seeks a Chief of Party, for its Bosnia and Herzegovina office.
PILPG is a non-profit organization that operates as a global pro bono law firm providing free assistance to developing states and governments. PILPG also provides policy formulation advice and training on matters related to conflict resolution. To date, PILPG has advised over twenty states and governments on the legal aspects of peace negotiations and post-conflict constitution drafting, and over two dozen states and War Crimes Tribunals in Europe, Asia and Africa concerning the protection of human rights, self-determination, and transitional justice. PILPG has over fifteen years of experience working in the Balkans. PILPG first provided legal assistance in 1995 during the Dayton peace negotiations. Since then, PILPG has also worked in Kosovo and Montenegro and maintained representation in the region.
PILPG’s Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) project is designed to promote effective governance in BiH that both decreases ethnic tension and enhances regional stability.
Role of the Chief of Party
PILPG is seeking a professional with at least seven years experience in the field of international law, with particular expertise in comparative constitutional law, rule of law, civil society engagement, and democracy and governance to serve as the Chief of Party for its BiH Project. The Chief of Party will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and will work under the supervision of the Co-Chair/Project Director of the BiH project.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
• A law degree or other advanced professional degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of public international law, including comparative constitutional law and international human rights law
• Demonstrated experience working with and developing relationships with civil society leaders
• A minimum of seven years work experience in international law, including experience with constitutional and legislative reform, post-conflict rule of law, and civil society engagement and consensus-building
• Knowledge of and previous experience in Bosnia and Herzegovina is highly desirable
• Prior overseas field work is preferable
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com by October 1, 2010.
Include in the subject line: Application: Bosnia Chief of Party